We all know about the amazing health benefits of drinking Matcha Tea, which has lots of skin-improving beta-carotene, Vitamin C and potent antioxidants. It is known, that by enjoying a cup of Matcha Tea every day, your skin can become flawless and silky smooth.
Sometimes, due to the busy schedule and my overall laziness, I forget to make a cup of that delicious green wonder EVERY DAY.
But there is a way to incorporate Matcha Tea into your weekly beauty routine by an energizing DIY Matcha and Green Tea Powder Facial Mask. You can make it once or twice a week and it will directly deliver all of the Matcha Tea nutrients that your skin needs.
Speaking about the nutrients of Matcha Tea:
– Highest level of antioxidants according to ORAC (Oxygen radical absorbance capacity (ORAC) is a method of measuring antioxidant capacities).
– Caffeine and catechins – anti-inflammatory.
– High chlorophyll content – anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial properties, antiseptic.
– Polyphenols, Amino Acids, Carotene, Retinol, Vitamin B1 B2 B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin E, Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc, Phosphorus, Potassium.
Benefits of the mask:
– Helps to eliminate blemishes and acne.
– Increases re-growth of tissues.
– Heals wounds and acne scars.
– Mildly exfoliates the skin.
– Brings oxygen to the skin.
In other words, your skin will feel fresh and soft and if you will use the mask once or twice a week for at least 2 months you will notice overall skin improvement.
To make the mask you will need:
1. Matcha Tea Powder (I got the Yamakaen Powdered Green Tea (O Matcha) 100g from the Japan Centre in London).
2. Sencha Green Tea Powder (I got this).
3. Organic Raw Honey (Make sure it has no added sugar). Optional.
4. Water or Cold unsweetened Green Tea.
1. Put the Matcha Tea Powder into a bowl. Use about 2 tablespoons.
2. Add a tablespoon of the Sencha Green Tea Powder.
3. Add water or, as I did, the ready-to-drink unsweetened Green Tea.
4. Mix the powder until it is smooth and creamy.
5. Add a teaspoon of honey.
6. Mix the tea mass and honey into a non-lumpy paste.
7. Apply the mask on the face and neck area. Leave for 20-25 minutes, when it starts to dry up wash off with warm water.